You may think that once you hire professional movers, there is no logic behind doing any of the work yourself, which is true. However, helping your movers doesn`t mean doing any of the hard work, but helping them in other ways to get their job done faster, as this will save you money.
- Disconnect and unplug electric appliances and organize the cords in labeled bags, to be able to find them easily. There is no need to pay professional movers to perform this simple and effortless operation.
- Get off pictures, photos, clocks and mirrors from the walls and shelves, but be extra areful about storing safely those hanger things. This is another easy operation that you can handle and save precious time and money
- Make your bed ready for the move, by stripping the mattress and folding your bedding and blankets. Have a box ready for all these, as well as for pajamas and other bedroom accessories.
- If you have valuable things, you will surely want to pack them yourself. Other things you might want to keep on hand: your phone and charger, cigarette lighter, maps etc.
- Defrost your freezer ahead of time and donate the food you cannot take with you
Be considerate of the moving companies in Denver, CO that you hire and they will do their best work. Provide beverages and snacks to keep them moving along.