Moving can be a stressful time, and you’ll want to know that you packed all your most essential items before the movers arrive. When you’re moving to a new house, you might not be aware of the fact that there are certain items that you shouldn’t pack for the moving van to pick up.
- One of the clearest examples include guns and ammunition. Anything related to firearms and weapons will typically be on the “not-allowable” list for most moving companies. So if you want to move such items, you’ll be better off packing them straight into your car or pickup truck.
- Any type of gas or high pressure chemicals stored in tanks should be avoided as well. Movers take great care to avoid these types of items, not only because of the safety hazard they present, but also because they can risk damaging your other belongings while in transit.
- Household cleaners, paints, varnishers, as well as solvents and various chemicals kept in kids’ chemistry sets will also have to be avoided because they may contain flammable substances that could start a fire.
- Speaking of the effort of preventing fires, any flammables such as lighters, lighter fluid and charcoal will also have to be excluded.
- Finally, make sure you don’t include any perishable foods or food items that can attract bugs and other types of pests. Although not all of the movers Denver CO has are highly strict on all types of food items, most will frown upon the idea of having a bug infestation in their trucks and vans.